Saturday 13 February 2016

More thinking, plans (music) // Auntie Annabellllll

Another uneventful Saturday once again, but today I made a move.
By making a move, I mean trying to progress one step further in my plans after poly exams.

What do I mean?

This afternoon as I watched my mom and bro gamble, I talked with them about my thoughts after poly exams again. What am I gonna do? How am I gonna do?
Do as in, try teaching piano beginner lessons.
My brother was like showing me how he facebook messaged his former teacher and met up with her, and tell me "Don't think, just do it, just grab your first student from Auntie Annabel again", like what our older sister did in the past.

I was reallyyyyy nervous since I've not stayed in contact with her for 6 years c:, but because of my nervousness I pressed the "send" button for my first message, and lol gg me, there's no turning back anymore.



She took only 3hrs+ to respond, faster than my brother's teacher taking 3 days to reply him!
But as you can see, there's the "seen 5.12pm" at the bottom c: which is starting to worry me a little. What if she saw and doesn't want to do this with me? XoX Like in the end, this plan will fail after all?
Or she's too busy and decide she'll reply me another day?
Ahhhh *social anxiety problems*

If I do manage to successfully meet with her, then the things I want to consult her are firstly:

->I'm interested in trying on teaching piano beginner lessons, but I don't know how to start
->No experience in teaching, would like to know how she teach
->What to teach in beginner classes. Notes? Scales? Chords? Songs?
->Must I get the books or do the students get it themselves
->How much to charge, or how much she'll pay me if I take her students.
(I did some research online. The average is $120-$130 for 4 lessons, 45 min each for beginner lessons.)
->Does she have students she can refer me ccccc:
->If cannot, does she need someone to help accompany the student in piano? I can play for them, and at the same time I can see how she teach c:

Maybe I have so many questions in my mind and she sensed it so she's not replying me ccccc: XDD

My plan currently is to teach only piano beginner lessons, and pop piano lessons. For all ages. Pop meaning, the potential student can text/email me any song they wish to learn, and I'll see if I can teach them after listening to it, then we'll work it out together.

I have a big worry. Even though I've been continuously playing the piano throughout the years after I stopped her lessons, I've never gone back to playing classical pieces. I've only been playing pop, basically the songs I like (which is why I don't want to teach classical piano). And I do all my own arrangements in my head, and I never bothered making piano sheets because I felt it's too hard and troublesome and I feel lazy (this is where I need to change if I'm serious about this, because many people want piano sheets to learn)

That's where my worry comes in. Did my standard drop? XDDD
I worry if, I play the piano for her again, she'll be like "...you're not good" XDDD HAHAHA
Also. Have I forgotten all my theory? And notes?

Holy shit I better revise all of that again if I'm gonna take students in.
I can see myself in the near future going to Yamaha music store and browsing through all the beginner books XDD

Anyway. She's not replying. I don't even know if this'll be succcessful XDD
How ah. If she doesn't reply. I don't want to seem desperate and message her again.
If she still doesn't reply after my exams, looks like I'm on my own feet :x
Means I have to make my own posters and post on notice boards and try to get my own students. Which seems really impossible because I'm just a beginner teacher. Who will want to send their kids to beginner teachers?
Even my bro got his first students through agencies.
He currently has two.

I'm like...gah. I haven't even started anything. I'm nowhere.

Actually why am I thinking all of these so much.
I'm still fighting for my exams now.
I haven't even gotten out of poly.

I've fought one down (MACC), but I still have a bigger boss ahead of me. AFA.
And I just attempted one of its past year papers, and I still literally got killed by the consolidation worksheet.
Screw this hahaha


Ahhh thanks aiko~
Ayano has been trying to give me suggestions as well too. Arigatou~ Appreciate it

Well, I shall keep doing my best. After poly exams, I do plan on going down to Yamaha and seeing what they teach in beginner piano books, and get some idea.

Also, we've been discussing this afternoon on shifting the piano into my room so it's easier for me to record songs.
At first we're all optimistic about it, but as we observed my room, my dad felt that it's kinda impossible ;_;
But I still feel it's possible. "If there's a will, there's a way"

Hmmm....
I think it'll definitely be hard initially.
But everyone has to start off somewhere.
Gahh I'm not even thinking about my uni *flip table*
After some thinking I think maybe it's still better I go uni.
I saw Auntie Annabel also went uni. Studied physiotherapy somemore XDD

Haha I shall see.
Shall head to bed now c:

No comments:

Post a Comment