Tuesday 8 March 2016

TOBY's The Dessert Asylum - Cafe date with Shinobu

So Shinobu wants to treat me as promised after my exams, so we arranged a date today to go.
He has researched and came up with a cafe that serves good looking desserts: called Toby's.

Yes.
The background looks familiar.
That's because it is located at the exact place where I first started working in my life - Tradehub 21.
A unique place where the MRT line actually cuts through inside the office building, and there are many cafes, bars and cafeterias set up underneath the train tracks.


But sadly, the vegetarian cafe I worked at, Cafe de Paradiso, is replaced with another similar cafe called Nature, and it sells creepily similar vegetarian dishes like Paradiso used to sell. Shop cannibalism at its finest.
Well at least Toby's didn't replace Paradiso. Otherwise I'll feel so weird sitting inside. Like, I used to work here. But then again I didn't work here. Something like that hahahaha

 

Anyway, this is the link to the website: http://www.tobys.com.sg/
And the menu is below:


Coincidentally since we went on international women's day, they have free cake with every main course ordered, but the free cake is carrot cake which I don't eat >.> although actually there's other choices like choco and forest cake.

Inside the cafe:

We (actually it is me LOL) took a long time deciding what to eat from the menu, because we're mainly here for the desserts, but I just wanted to try one of their mains too. So in the end, we ordered one cabornara with bacon pasta:

One chamomile tea: (and yeah I forgot to take a picture but their teacup is HUGE. It's almost the size you would use to give soup)

One T-Rex. Basically some choco ice cream cake. For Shinobu:

And the supposedly free back forest cake with one vanilla ice cream scoop.

We shared everything.

After eating, I concluded that this place is really for desserts only HAHAHA. Their pasta is so-so only. It has that kind of standard which you get from most places. Just tasted normal.
But their black forest cake is good. I preferred it a bit more to the ice cream cake. Their vanilla scoop is...like vanilla scoop hahaha
I realized we really ordered a lot of ice cream desserts though. Thankfully their supervisor who took our orders stopped us and advised us to change our orders for a cheaper price. Originally I was going to order one of their caramel crunch parfaits since I read on the internet that it's good. But then that'll be too much ice cream.
And their cake is good so I'm fine with it :D



What is this.
Some big furry animal I saw on the way inside the cafe XD
It looked like it just recently opened, with all the balloons it has.

Anyway, I guess we were lucky in the sense that it only started raining after we entered the cafe (the sky was overcast with dark clouds when we alighted from the bus)
But it was still drizzling a bit when we left the place. Luckily Shinobu brought an umbrella and we walked to the adjacent bus stop to take to IMM.

At IMM, we decided to walk and do some clothes shopping.
At first I went to Daiso wanting to buy heat pads. But apparently there's only blankets there? Not even electric blankets too, just those warm fleece ones.
Decided to do some clothes shopping for Shinobu. And actually I realized IMM is not really a good place for clothes shopping. Because a lot of clothes shops we went to, it's all very expensive...around the $60-$100++ range X.X
The only affordable ones we saw were like Cotton On? Which you can find in many shopping malls.
And Shinobu saw some shirts and shorts he like. And actually I want to buy for him but he don't let me >.> Tsk, so stubborn. He always treat me but he don't let me buy for him >:C

I also saw a black dress I like:


Think the chest area looks a little tight on me though. This is XXS. Maybe I should try XS if I see it next time.
But it's also almost $20 :c don't know if it's worth the price...

After cotton on, we walked on to more shops but don't find anything suitable or too expensive.

Then we went up to Garden Plaza. Shinobu actually intended us to rest there but my inner kid mode sparked up and I went to play XDDD

THIS MINI ZIP LINE THINGY (I just called it slide handle first until Shinobu googled it).
I ALWAYS PLAY IT WITHOUT FAIL WHEN MY PARENTS BRING ME TO THE OLD IMM'S PLAYGROUND LAST TIME AS A KID.
AND IT WAS SO POPULAR. SO MANY KIDS PLAY IT AND WE HAVE TO QUEUE UP FOR IT.

BUT I DON'T KNOW WHY IT'S SO DESERTED NOW. NO KIDS PLAYING IT. ALL KIDS AT HOME USING IPADS AND IPHONES. OR SENT TO EXTRA CLASSES LIKE HEGURU.

The rest of the playground.

I tried every thing and played the slides XD

But when I was walking on the furthest yellow stool thing and stepped off, somehow at that moment, I lost control of my right leg. Or I felt strength leaving my right leg. At that instance, I couldn't stand up straight and my whole body was leaning on my right leg. Then, gravitational force kept pushing on my body, and my right leg, unable to support my body any further, gave way and I collapsed. I fell but my hands went up on instinct and I crashed against that red climbing wall thing. So it wasn't a full fall to the ground flat and my hands saved me, so I'm fine. But it's strange though. After that, I kept wondering why did I lose control of that leg? Or like Shinobu told me after that, it just happens sometimes XD

This reminded me of something similar which happened, when I was playing some ball game in PE during secondary school last time. I remembered the ball flew past me, and I turned around and went to grab it, but I think somehow either I turned too quickly or I turned at a weird angle, and my leg gave way (coincidentally my right leg too). I could feel myself going to fall with the gravitational force on me, but I couldn't stand up fast enough, and I fell =3= Luckily my hands still went up in instinct to brace my fall, and I came out fine.

Anyway back to here, I continued to play more but Shinobu told me I should rest. So we went back inside and sat down for some time, while I pondered if I should get that dress from Cotton On.
Shinobu told me to flip a coin (=3=), so we used a 50 cents coin and took turns to flip it. Head = Buy, Tails = Buy (at a later time) ccccccc: Haha just kidding

We got both head and tails, but regardless I decided to save money and not buy in the end as I already have many black dresses at home XD I just never wore them out before.

After that, we decided to head down and we went to Burger King as I was craving for some afternoon snack, even though I wasn't really that hungry.

Got their Mexican drumlets, 5 pcs c: This time I pushed Shinobu's $5 away and paid with my own $5 >:O At least let me pay this much.

We shared again. I didn't know it was spicy XD but it's not really spicy, so I could handle it.

LOL now Burger King's having this chicken thing:



Which kinda looks like Nanetto, the chicken mascot for Nana Mizuki (basically Shinobu's life)



(I like the proud Nanetto the most XD)

So all the Burger King staff was like wearing that bird and Shinobu was like there's enemies all around him XDD because Shinobu was wearing a nanetto shirt today which he got from Nana Mizuki's live concert. And it's really cute. I'm glad he wore it today XD

After eating, we decided to walk around Giant before going home.
Walking around Giant brings back so many memories. My parents used to go there every Sunday for grocery shopping, and as a kid I love to tag along with them. They've renovated Giant and it doesn't look like it used to anymore (obviously lol) but still feels kinda nostalgic.

Initially was thinking of taking the shuttle bus to JE station and MRT back, but since we're already back at the bus stop we alighted and bus 188 came, we just decided to bus all the way back to CCK.

At CCK, we passed by a clothes shop and these cute dresses caught my eye:



$15 each. With padding, which is actually quite good.
I like the first one the most. Maybe if I'm really really tempted I'll go get it XD
I really need a cardigan to go along with it though. Something like the cardigan from Factorie:



This is from Zalora website but can go to the Factorie outlet itself and see the cardigan.
I also saw a similar cardigan in the used/second hand clothes section in Hako(box) shop in Yew Tee point before.
...oh shit, I think I saw a factorie outlet just now when looking at the directory in IMM. Should have gone there argh.

Anyway, didn't buy it in the end. Shall consider. Or like Shinobu say, maybe get it after I get my paycheck from the teaching job. Which is like so little pay =3= hahaha but yeah, I only work for 3 days for a few hours, of course I get little pay.

Ended up bussing back to my condo with Shinobu accompanying me (probably to see me off first), because the sky looked dark. End up it didn't rain =3= tsk, could have taken the train and use my concession.

Thank you Shinobu for today. For bringing me out. For treating me the pasta, tea and cakes. Even before this, you always consistently offered me moral support and encouragement as I struggled, cried, and died preparing for my finals. Even when I was maybe rude to you sometimes, but you always treated me so nicely.
I think that you're always thinking that you're not doing enough. You're not helping me. Or something along the lines like that. But I want you to know that you've done a lot for me. You helped me a lot. You saved me many times when I was crying and down. And you consoled me with whatever words and advice you can.

So thank you.

Before I entered Fajar Secondary School, I had actually appealed to go Zhenghua Secondary school before, as my PSLE score barely met their cut off point.
I was actually shortlisted for an interview (probably because of my high piano grade certs), and I went there where they asked what I could do for the school and why I chose that school.
Well, being a stupid 12-year old naive kid, I answered I want to go there simply because they're better and I like their uniform cccccccccc: //shot

So I ended up stuck in Fajar.
But until today, I'm so glad I failed that interview.
I guess I was fated to meet Shinobu, Ayano, the rest of my friends, even my teachers. And I'm so glad I did.

That's my day. Now resting at home and finishing dinner. Tomorrow going out for some impromptu plans with friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment