Wednesday 30 March 2016

Japan (Tokyo) Trip ~ Third Day // Yokohama Chinatown, Cup ramen museum, Yakiniku

So here's the story of the pudding breakfast we had on the third morning in Tokyo.

Initially we had planned on eating these on the day my sis bought it, but I was too full and tired to eat any of these *small stomach*, so we decided to eat these for breakfast next morning. So, I asked my sister which is the "original" pudding, as there's obviously two different coloured pudding. She just gave me the darker coloured pudding, which looks a bit suspicious. But me being an ignorant fool, I stupidly trusted my sister since she's the expert in the Japanese language. I innocently tried to read the kanji on the cap, but my sister told me there's no need to read the title and just hurry up and eat the pudding. So I stupidly obeyed once again and ate. Decided that the pudding is actually not bad.

When I was about 1/3 through, she decided to reveal to me that the pudding I'm eating is not actually original pudding, but rather PUMPKIN FLAVOURED PUDDING.
URGH. MY SISTER DOES IT AGAIN. SHE LOVES TO TRICK ME INTO EATING FOOD I'VE NEVER EATEN BEFORE. THIS IS WHY SHE DOESN'T LET ME READ THE TITLE TOO, IF NOT I WOULD'VE FIGURED OUT THAT THE WORDS SAY "PUMPKIN"

SHE ALWAYS DOES THIS. THE OTHER TIME WHEN WE'RE PLANNING FOR OUR JAPAN TRIP FEW MONTHS BACK, SHE TRICKED ME INTO EATING DURIAN CREAM PUFF. SHE HAD ME THINKING THAT IT WAS NORMAL CREAM PUFF, AND ASKED ME TO PUT IT WHOLE IN MY MOUTH SO THE CREAM WILL BURST OUT WHEN I BITE INTO IT.
URGH. ANNOYING SISTER (although she did buy some normal cream puffs from Johor few days later as she felt bad after seeing I'm so disappointed it's not real cream puffs)

God damn it, but the pumpkin pudding actually doesn't tastes bad. Once I finished my pumpkin pudding, we both shared the original puddng (tsk, this is why she only bought one) and set off for Yokohama today.

Our hotel is conveniently near the escalator, leading to the huge bridge that links to Ueno Station.
 

Uncommon to see the station deserted of humans. All have gone to work/school.

Yokohama.

HAHAHA THIS IS WHERE I RAIDED THE OWARI NO SERAPH TOY BALL MACHINE. BECAUSE I SAW HIIRAGI SHINYA THERE. SO I HAVE TO GET HIS BADGE NO MATTER WHAT.
BUT JUST AS HE'S RARE IN THE ANIME/MANGA, HE'S RARE TO GET HERE. ONLY AFTER 16 TRIES DID I FINALLY GET HIM.
Good god I know I wasted a lot of money here. My sister kept exchanging her 1,000 yen notes for more 100 yen coins to let me try. Also kept troubling the guy in charge to keep fixing the machine cuz it kept breaking down (inserted coin but cannot turn the knot). But #yolo you know. Once in a lifetime I get to do this. And I think I tried to give like half of the badges to my friends when I came back XD help me clear stock.
I'll treasure Hiiragi Shinya badge very much ;-;

Ladies & gentlemen. Moisturise your skin regularly in dry and cold climates. This is why my sister and I will moisturise our whole body fully every morning, helping each other moisturise each other's backs too with body shop's shea butter that I bought for my sister's 24th birthday last year. You have to protect every part of your skin, not only your lips and hands.
It hurts ahh, especially the skin cracking just below your fingernails. I had to wrap them up in plasters later on, like nearly half of my 10 fingers.

Arrived at Yokohama's Chinatown for lunch!


This is like our 2nd or 3rd proper picture?



Arrived at this dim sum place that my sister had always wanted to go if she passed by Yokohama's Chinatown.


My sis. Ordered. A lot. Too much for two people, despite the portion sizes are small.
 

Didn't really finish as usual, although it was still better than that honey toast on the 2nd night, and left.

Neko Atsume merchandise! My sister went to this place to find something for her friend.

Got the stuff and left.

 

On our way to Cup Noodle museum! A couple of stops down.
 

 

Arrived~


Came upstairs to find this street magician performing magic show to the kids and audience. There's the famous Yokohama's ferris wheel behind!


Sister searched the directions and off we go to the museum.


There it is!

That is made of paper!~

My hair is messy...


 

Inside the museum. This gallery shows cup noodles invented a few decades back, all the way till the present.

The god (inventor) of cup ramen.

Spread the noodlessss (I saw another person doing this pose and decided to copy the exact same pose XD)
 

Trying out this science illusion trick, where you are small at one end and as you walk towards the other end, you seemingly become larger in size.
 


 


 

They did an exact replica of the inventor's humble workshed.


They want to show that no matter what background you come from, as long as you stick to your ideas and work on it, never giving up, you can realize your goals and dreams.



This is the area where you can design your own ramen cup.

And this is the factory where you actually get to make your own noodles.


There are many people. Unfortunately my sister and I arrived too late, and we just missed the last slot to make our own cup noodles.

Observation deck on top the museum. Ayano says it looks a bit like Singapore.






We went back to the theme park area.



Pretty sky at Yokohama.


 

Gahhh finally seeing the ferris wheel. My sister wouldn't ride though :(
 

We tried to play this game. There are bowling balls inside, and the goal is to push the bowling ball up a tiny slope inside, and get it to land perfectly in the middle. If you push too hard, the ball will roll all the way till the end, and roll back. If you push too gently, the ball will not even make it past the upslope.
My sister and I didn't win anything XD but we saw a young kid win that huge chopper balloon.

We also had a go at this. The goal of the game is to simply throw and land the balls in those basket. But the game is tougher than it looks, because if you throw too hard, the ball will bounce off those slanted baskets, and if you throw too gently, then of course the ball will not make it in.

After the games, it's time for some soft serve ice cream!

This time I finally got my soft serve vanilla ice cream =3= with the cake bear on top! Which is damn delicious. My sister later bought a bag of those bears individually.

Spamming selfies time.
 

 

Becoming weirder each second.
 

I actually took a snapchat video of the whole ferris wheel light show XD
 

 

Then we went down to the other area and got on the carousel! How many years has it been since we rode a merry-go-round.
 

 


 

...I didn't take this. My sister did. I don't know what's the purpose of this picture.

Walking back to the station. Passed by this huge ship.

Goodbye Yokohama, will miss you :(
 


 

Kinokuniya is known as a bookstore here in Singapore, but surprisingly in Japan, it sells other stuff completely non-book related?!?! Found at the station (forgot which station)

Anyway here. Showing all the Owari no Seraph badges I literally spammed to get THAT HIIRAGI SHINYA AT THE BOTTOM. DAMN IT WHY YOU SO RARE IN EVERYWHERE.

After dumping our stuff down, it's time to go for my sister's long awaited yakiniku dinner, nearby our hotel!
There's her beer with my oolong tea (I always get iced oolong tea for nearly every meal we have there), and that beef meat. Which. Turned. Out. To. Be. Cow's. Tongueeeeeeeeeeeee
There my sister goes again. Not telling me what exactly that food is until I ate it and think it's nice, then she'll tell me the actual food =3=
 

Here's my sister being weird again. Note that she's not drunk at all.
 

Gdi sis, her face and eyeballs are red from the beer so she rolled her eyes completely upwards on purpose.
 

Sizzling the meat~ I wanted to help cook but my sister was like no, I can't cook it properly ==
Ahh the cow's tongue is a bit hard to chew apart though. Sometimes I have to swallow the meat whole, so I took care to chew it until it's really soft and mushy inside, then I take a deep breath and swallow. Then I'll drink the oolong tea to help ease the food downwards. But it's only the cow tongue. The rest of the meat is much easier to eat.

I promise you my sister is completely in a normal mental state. She's too crazy.
This is her shaking cocktails she bought from the convenience store.
 

 

 
I took a snapchat video of it and saved in my phone (cuz I put it in my life story and all my friends saw how crazy she is LOL)

Last pic to end for the day. Taking this picture because we had planned to go to Matsumoto Kiyoshi (drugstore) tomorrow, and she wants to find this product there.

No comments:

Post a Comment