Saturday 19 March 2016

Last work day at Heguru // 1k SUBS.


First class of my last day c: Teacher PJ's class.
Wore reindeer socks today: Aren't they cute c:
Finally all the cute socks my sister bought for me can now be put in use. Before this teaching job, I've never worn them XD


Hi you all. Great to work with you. It's my last day seeing you all, but you guys don't know it's your last day seeing me of course :D
I got to know a bit more of the teacher helpers only on my last day. Found out most of them are already in university, or applying for one, but older than me. XD
The one already in university told me that we really have to study everyday, if not we'll fall behind in class. She's from NUS year 1, and said that her classes have many foreigners, and they're all the cream of the crop. So it's very stressful, and really cannot slack at all.
Wow. What if SIMge or uniSIM is like that too.........

My face on last day. Sitting and resting at the receptionist desk. I actually slept for about 15 min at the desk. Feels good to be paid as you sleep XD

And my lunch. Reminds me a bit of the western stall in my school too XD something similar to this. Overall in my three weeks there, I managed to try three different stalls there.
Conclusion: The food court there is so-so with a bit pricey food LOL

Three funny things I can remember happened during work today XD

(1) When the teacher got the kids to say who brought them to school today, most other kids will respond "Daddy", "mummy", or be blur. This particular kid started listing many family members "Daddy, mummy, granny, aunty, sister, baby" which is really funny at that moment XD Then the teacher was like "Ohh so many family members bring you to school! Baby also bring you to school" then he was like "yes" and we all laughed XDDD

(2) One of the teachers I was assigned to didn't come today (and Mikki didn't tell me anything tsk >.>) , so I got assigned to Teacher PJ's class at 12pm again. I felt a bit stupid to ask now. I could have gotten a longer paid break, from like 11.30am to 1.30pm but I chose to be honest and enquire about my missing teacher >.> But then afterwards when I was inside, the door opened and this mum brought her kid in. The kid was a bit clingy on her leg, so she put his bag down and just pushed her leg forward, "kicking" the kid inside the classroom then shut the door XD it was so funny I laughed. Just kicked the child in.

(3) One of the activities the kids have to do in the worksheets today is to count the number of rabbits and carrots. Some of the rabbits have legs, some are just buns with no legs, so some kids think those rabbits with no legs are not rabbits, so they just counted 4 rabbits, those with legs. I asked them "Hmmm, are you sure only 4? What about this, isn't this a rabbit too?" *points to random bun rabbit with no legs*
Kid: But why the rabbit no legs?
Me: *laughs*
Soon, kids will grow up to realize that rabbits, or any other animals are cuter when their legs are tugged underneath their furry bodies so they appear like a lump of fur *.*
During and after work, I kept hearing the sound of a piano being played somewhere in the Fusionopolosis building. And furthermore, the person playing it then is playing "The Musician" from D.gray Man OST! *.* It randomly brought back memories of me and Shaakira playing it...
Anyway, I hurriedly sped downstairs after signing my attendance, to locate the piano.


What I saw on sight.
She left shortly after, and I went to play.
Within minutes, I found some parents and kids crowding around and listening to my playing XDD some kids even danced ahaha. After my "performance" ended, the parents told me I played very well and a couple even asked me for advice how their young kids could be better at piano. I told them practice and effort is always they key to getting better hahaha. Also if best, try to train their hearing ability so they can find songs easier to learn.


And then this moment happened as I was teaching some kid:
Little kid: *seating on piano, fiddling with pedals*
Me: "Okay come, you use your leg and press down on the right pedal" (squats down and takes his tiny foot and press) "Yes, press and hold, then you press the note" (takes his tiny finger and press a key"
Piano: "makes sound"
Him: ?? sound
Me: "Yesss, got sound! Okay now you press the middle pedal" (grabs his foot again and directs it to the pedal) "Yes press and hold. Now you play the note again"
Him: "press same note"
Piano: (muffled sound, almost no noise)
Me: "Ehh? Why no sound? The sound disappear! Ehhh how come? :D"
Him: *giggles and laughs* 

He's so cute XD Kids are so easily entertained XDDD

Okay well, my thoughts after this short 3-weeks job (where I only worked on Saturdays there, so it's actually technically 3 days) is, it really taught me and let me gain experience on how to work with kids better. Initially before this, I had completely no experience with kids. Neither did I know how to interact with them. Yes I know the job advertisement says I have to be comfortable with kids, but to me, it's more like using this job to train me to be better with kids XD
After this 3 weeks, of course I'm still not an expert with kids but at least I think I'm less awkward with them as compared to before. I genuinely find kids cute, when they're not being annoying and crying, they can make you laugh XD
But meh, they still drain the life energy out of you in the end ==
Shall ask Mikki tomorrow about my payment c: And I still have to return them the shirt. Or should I keep it as souvenir cccc:
I have to purposely go back down there to return the shirt, which my mother pointed that out, but I'm like "We be good people and wash for them first, so the next person wouldn't have to suffer like me and wear a stinky shirt on their first day" XDD
======================================================


UWOHO.

That was captured yesterday btw. 18 March 2016 is the real date I passed 1,000 subscribers. My blog post stopped at Calico the cat though, so maybe I forgot to update my blog?
Well doesn't matter.

THE DAY HAS FINALLY ARRIVED ;W;

Guess who was my 1,000th subscriber.

It's none other than my sister, who has been waiting all this while for the exact moment she could hit my subscribe button and be my thousandth subscriber -.-
Yes about time sister, congratz.

Think I was too tired from yesterday's activities, and even though I'm also super tired and sleepy from today too, I still mustered up enough energy to edit my 1k sub special video and upload it tonight XD 


There it is. And after 1,000 subs and nearly 2 years later, I finally learnt how to do a customized thumbnail LOL
Yeah I know it does not even look stylish, just painfully simple.

Whatever I want to say is on my video and FB page, so just go there XD

Okay that's all. Omg I'm damn sleepy.
I finally get a full off day tomorrow. God why am I so busy recently.

No comments:

Post a Comment