Friday 18 March 2016

Lunch/Shopping w. SY & YN // Job interview (1st) =A=

Well I said it's lunch and shopping but basically all we did was just really, stone with each other in the IMM mall.
First met Yi Ning at 11.12pm (2 minutes late oops c:) at JE MRT, before catching the shuttle bus (we just caught it in time) to IMM, where we met SY at Mcdonalds.
We went up to level 2 to search for food, but couldn't decide what to eat.
In the end, we ate Swensens for lunch (again).


Tried Swensen's aglio olio for the first time. Previously tried aglio olio at Pizzahut, and I think Pizzahut's one is better XD and they have prawns too. Here there's only mushroom. And the mushroom got some weird taste. Maybe it's just me >.>

Went shopping afterwards, and we went to Pedro where I saw a work bag I like (both the design and colour), but I didn't take a picture.
Then we went to Charles & Keith just beside the shop where there's an outlet sale going on. We all tried some shoes.


Was trying some shoes I could wear to Japan :x I really couldn't decide. But I really like the black shoes. My friends said the boots isn't really my style x.x maybe my legs are short. I think boots look really nice on long legs *.*

 

While removing the lace of the right shoe to try though, apparently I pulled too hard, and destroyed one of the lace, and it became impossible to push it back through the hole. Oops x.x I just tucked it in the shoe and returned to the sales assistant. So sorry @_@
In the end, only SY bought some nice pair of shoes. YN and I didn't buy anything, cuz I was debating if I should buy the shoes. If it was size 38, I would buy because it's on sale ($22.90) and I can wear thick socks in it to wear to Japan but there's only size 37 available and my feet fits just nicely inside so...I decided if I really want it I can always go back to IMM and get it again.

We moved on downstairs to Cotton On where there's a sale going on. All sale items for $10 below. Many clothes were priced at only $5. It looks like a clearance sale where they're trying to get rid of old stock which people don't want.
YN tried on a long green dress while me and SY tried some cardigans. Even when the size is XXS, the cardigan was still very big and long on me x.x unexpected. It's $10.
After YN finally bought the dress and water bottle from Cotton On, it was already 5 min past 3pm and time for me to go to my interview at the agent for the job at Kent Ridge. Earlier on this morning before I met them, the agent called me and said I was shortlisted, so he asked if I could come down today for interview. So last minute x.x I asked if I could come down around 4+pm and he scheduled me at 4.30pm.

Hahaha there goes all the original plans. At first me and SY were discussing about eating Bingsu (cold dessert) and watching the movie Long long time ago, but it was all cancelled because (1)YN don't want to watch movie. Want to save money (2)I have to go for interview and cannot make it already ccccc:

We took public bus back to JE MRT station and parted ways. SY and YN went on to West Gate, while I took the long (not very) journey to Outram Park, then switched to the purple NE line to Clarke Quay station =A= 
I actually missed one stop and went to Tanjong Pagar first. I forgot what I was doing in the train, but apparently it's so important that I was engrossed and forgot to alight at Outram Park T_T Luckily the train from the other side came just as I alighted at Tanjong Pagar, so I quickly dashed to the other train. So I wasn't late c:

Following the agent's instructions, I came out of exit E and saw the entrance:


A very small and cute entrance, hidden away beside Burger King for an office c:

And this is how it looks like inside:

Well, the corridor outside that is XD
I actually really like the place here. It's comfy, just like going to a condominium's house. And the office inside really looks like a studio apartment, converted into an office. I like the environment here. Maybe next time I should go work for this recruitment agency and chill in this kind of work environment c:
Like it's really comfy. I rang the doorbell just like going to someone's house. Inside the office, the "dining area" is converted into the meeting space for the recruits. To the right is the "kitchen" (pantry). Further in, is the "living room/space" converted into the office area. Then there's stairs leading up to I don't know what it is, but it's like bedroom upstairs XD And their office has a fantastic view of the financial district, with Singapore Flyer and River and everything *.* it must look so awesome at night.
Omg I don't mind actually just working for them and staying in their studio. It's so nice.

The agent gave me A LOT of forms to fill in. It's not so much of THEIR forms, it's more of NUHS's employment forms omg XD
Tommy (the agent) took my portfolio to scan and photocopy my certs and academic transcripts while I started filling in the forms, and when he's done, returned my passport and NRIC, I'm not even halfway done =w=
People come and go too, and I'm still stuck filling forms =w= one of his colleagues enquired about me still sitting there, and Tommy was like "NUHS forms got a LOT to fill in" and I'm like *nods head ya ya really a lot*
Probably because it's a hospital environment, so they want to make sure that I really have no medical illnesses or criminal records etc etc.

When I was finally done, they reviewed my forms, passed me an envelope with all the photocopied documents they have, and informed me that the second interview is next Monday at the hospital itself. At 3pm. But the place is very big so they told me I should come earlier. In my mind I'm like "Of course, this kind of thing I usually reach very early one c:"
They said that I'm actually replacing one of their employees who's on maternity leave now (reminds me of my internship where I found out I'm replacing one of the employees on maternity leave too >.>), and besides data entry I will need to coordinate with the doctors in the hospital to come up with some roster schedule, so I will need to have good communication and interpersonal skills.
The truth is, I do feel anxious and nervous. No doubt. It has always been my character too. But I always remember Shinobu's words that, it's always my consciousness holding me back.
I have to be stronger. I have to be braver. All the more I have to use this job to train myself to work with others. And if my sister can tahan working in the hospital environment for like couple of years already (although she is definitely stressed at times), then I should be able to handle it for 2.5 months.

And yeah that's all. It's not really an interview, it's just filling in forms LOL.
Next Monday, I don't really know if it's gonna be a real interview or a form filling session too hahaha

By the time I'm finally done, it's like almost an hour since I arrived there X.X and poor Shinobu waited for me for more than half an hour. His patience level *.* waiting in the warm weather too. He came to pick me up after hearing I have a last min interview in the afternoon. He himself had a briefing at Bishan for a job for some kid's sports day just now at 3pm.

We went back to Yew Tee where he wanted to go grab the chicken and mushroom spaghetti from the same stall again XD
Then Yi Ning texted me and told me her phone got stolen by some Bangladesh, but luckily it was returned to her by a kind stranger who chased after that Bangla. I got so shocked OAO|| She and SY lost several years of their life, while I already lost a few months of my life just reading the text. 
Omg, I didn't think I'd actually have one of my friends experienced theft. Ahhhhh so much drama happened while I was busy dying from signing so many forms.

.....I just realized something while typing this. I mentioned that one of my strengths is meticulous and attention to detail, but I actually filled in my particulars accidentally for a section meant for foreigners. Omg /w \ too many forms to fill in.
No no, that's no excuse. In work, how can I complain that there's too many forms to fill in so it's okay to make mistakes?
Ahhh but I can just say it's human error. XDDD

Saw SS off at the bus stop, and on the way home I MET CALICO AGAIN!!! *W*



 



 

 TOO LONG NO SEE YOU LE CALICO MEOW.

No comments:

Post a Comment