Thursday 10 March 2016

Serving chocolates @ Boutique Fair at F1 pit building ! 2nd job.

Yesh, tonight is the night I work my 2nd job.
Shinobu accompanied me all the way to my workplace *.* so sweet of him~
Initially, I was discussing with him this morning about meeting him and sharing the cakes I bought yesterday. I was just expecting him to meet for cake and then go home. Ended up he realized I'm very nervous about meeting someone unfamiliar for the first time at a place far away, so he decided to accompany me and give me support ;w;

Before setting out. My pre-work attire c: Supposed to wear a white buttoned collar shirt later on, but didn't take picture of me wearing it.
I really like this ribbon blouse. It attracted me immediately when I saw it in a shop in Bangkok XD It really goes well with the black skirt. Too bad I couldn't wear it in work :(

Tomato basil soup (soup of the day) and the cakes c: I loveeeeee tomtato soup. Maybe just a bit more than mushroom soup, because of its rich flavour. I realize not many people prefer tomato soup to mushroom soup XD
Haiz, actually this morning we were discussing and changing plans a lot. Because I didn't want to be late (most important), and sometimes set times that were too early. Initially I was thinking of meeting at BPP, as it's a win-win for both of us (save travelling time for Shinobu and otw for me). Then I could also go to Daiso and see my heat pads. But then, the Subway at BPP is really small and has not "hidden" corners like Yew Tee Point. So we decided to eat here in the end, so we can eat our cakes in peace ^^"
Although, we decided to meet at 3.15pm, we both ended up being late and met at 3.30pm XP our original planned timing. I was late because I forgot the cakes and rushed back home to take, while Shinobu took the bus at a later timing cuz it rained XD

Random selfies in the train lol,
 
In the train, both of us got calls from our respective jobs. Kimberly (the one who called me yesterday when I'm also outside) called me again, after having read my whatsapp message (yeah I finally took the initiative to text her when I was eating in Subway ><). Ended up she only wanted to review about last week's session, give me some tips for next week's session and asked if I have any questions. Shinobu was right XD
Ahh one important point she told me was whenever I bring children to the recep, I should tell them which classroom I was from, so the recep knows which classroom to bring them back. I should also remember their names, and if I need anything, I should tell the assistant teacher beside the main teacher, so the children will not get distracted. I also asked what to do if the kid is crying, or running around and not listening to me. She said I could call their names, catch them and get them to sit on my lap to focus.
Damn, kids are really hard to handle. I shall try again this Saturday... ><

The really long escalator up to exit A. To be honest when I met my dad and grandaunt to go to the Chingay Parade at the same F1 pit building a couple weeks ago, I actually didn't know where exit A was, and took a different escalator up. I had to walk all the way to the other end to exit A ><

The nice ceiling at Millenia walk *.* Shinobu told me the AFA exhibition is near here?

 
 Went to the toilets in there to change clothes as it's nicer smelling than the MRT toilets XD
Over there, we discovered some cool audio technology headphones and keyboards. It's so cool *.* the keyboard lights up when you press different keys. Ahhhhhhh
 Went to change and as usual my shirt looks really big on me =3= well no choice, it's the only shirt I have. Shinobu thinks I look awesome but I think that I look really small in my shirt XD

Anyway, we came up to find that it's not raining thankfully, although the sky looks threatening.

The Marina Bay Sands *.*


Arrived to find this...banner. Big green sign?

This stand-up poster. Big green sign???

While exploring and trying to find a way in, we chanced upon the organizer of the Boutique Fair event. I told her I'm here to work and I'm looking for hello chocolates, and she directed me up the stairs to the pink room (room with a pink dot). Thankfully she helped me otherwise we'd be lost XD

And...here's how it looks like when you climb up! This is before 6pm so they're still setting up the stalls, and the people have not arrived yet.
 The pink dot XD

Shinobu and I still had trouble finding the actual booth, until we came to the cash register place, and they just pointed to my booth, which is right beside it XD Met my boss in person for the first time. She was setting up the booth, and turned out to be a pleasant lady. She started to address me and seeing that, I quickly waved Shinobu off thinking that I'm starting work now.
Turns out that she's still setting up and told me to walk around and familiarise myself with the place first. She said I'm really early and I told her it's in case I couldn't find the place XD
Ah, I regretted sending Shinobu off. We could've actually explored the place together XD

Anyway, here's the booth.


Award winning chocolate. They gather award winning chocolate from all around the world. South America, California, San Fransisco, Iceland, Scotland, Greece, Vietnam, Switzerland (Yup I memorized all the countries since they told me to read up about them).That's why the chocolate tastes so good.
I tasted them myself (tasting choco is part of my job to familiarize myself with the chocolate XD) and felt they were genuinely good.


Went around to explore the place and here are all the photos to show how it looks like:





















As you can see, they sell a wide variety of branded goods here (that only rich people can lazily spend money on). Ranging from accessories, apparel to furniture and award winning chocolates (yeah mine lol)

There's another food shop that hires its severs to go around serving samples of food too, just like my job. While this shop hires quite a few severs, I realized mine only has...me. Which I was really puzzled about. On facebook, the advertisement has so many comments and likes, asking Nina (my boss) to pm them. However, only I got selected even though I took more than a day to reply. Either I asked really early, or it was...pure luck?



View from the balcony.


Our flyer~

 Notice the seats outside? We're having the event behind them~

 Dark sky looming over...

Anyway, I start work promptly at 6.30pm. I collected the box of sample chocolates (Nina and the guy Tim briefed me about the chocolates again and again, and told me to go around the three rooms to serve chocolate), and started.
I tasted, smelled, studied the chocolates. And work turned out quite okay.
80-90% of the people are very receptive to the chocolates. They were quite easy to approach, and smiled and laughed alot c:
Rich people atmosphere c:
There were many foreigners, and I saw some japanese people. Was soooo tempted to speak Japanese to them, but I switched off my japanese mode and spoke english to them XD I'm afraid that if I responded in Japanese, they're gonna start talking Japanese to me every time they see me and I can't speak fluent Japanese and I'm gonna die as a result XD
But they're all quite impressed with the chocolate. Some were chasing me asking for more, and others asked me where my booth was XD

I also served chocolate to some kids there c: There were some very young ones.
I was afraid I served liquor chocolate to them XD I'm not sure if the chocolate actually contained liquor. Cuz Nina asked for my age when she called me, so I believe I have to handle something that's above 18? Which probably means alcohol? But I don't remember seeing liquor on the packaging.
Oh well *shrug* you can't really taste the liquor in the chocolate anyway. The flavour is stronger c:
There's mostly dark chocolate, milk chocolate, almond, sweet+sour cherry, walnuts, strawberry, citrus flavour.

So basically I went round the rooms, came back to top up when it's nearly empty. Whenever I top up, more people will come when they're right at the booth XD then if they ask anything, I just direct them to my bosses hahahaha
Although slowly after the first hour, my left arm started to lose strength. I realized it when I tried to lift it up and found difficulty to lift it. Is my muscles really that weak?
I've been using mostly my left arm to support the box (right arm to hold the tongs and give to people) and found it aching. Which is bad. Towards the end of my job, I found I couldn't entirely support the box with my left arm, and my box was shivering when I held it out to people to try. In the end, I just let them take the chocolates themselves. Really bad. I didn't think I'd be that weak, for my left arm to give out within 2-3 hours XD

When it's past 9.30pm, I didn't realize it at first, cuz my phone is in my bag at the back of the stall. I was topping up my chocolates, when Nina stopped me. I was puzzled at first, then realized my shift must have ended.
Checking my phone, I realized I'm already 5 minutes past my work. Wow, Nina is really prompt XD Telling me to start at 6,30pm, and telling me to stop when I didn't know it's already past 9.30pm.
It's finally over. My left arm has died.
I waited patiently for Nina to finish serving her customers, then she paid me by cash.
I returned their badge (couldn't get to keep it :c), and left the place in a hurry to my dad who's waiting for me ;w;

Their badge, pinned on my collar XD

Shinobu accompanied me to work, my dad sent me back home. Feel so lucky XD

Here's the beautiful ferris wheel illuminated at night ;w;
 
 Closer
 

 In the car on the way home. The city lights ;w; love the place so much.

They're having some ongoing light show at the artscience museum now!

Okay it's 12.20am and I must sleep now.
Really really thankful to Shinobu for accompanying me to work today. Really sweet of him ;w;
Made plans to meet Ayano next week to compare our portfolios together ;w; finally seeing her after so long. Really miss her.
And going to open house tomorrow. Meeting Yi Ning at 10am. Omg schedule is tight this week.
Tuesday= Cafe with Shinobu
Wednesday= Shopping
Thursday night= Work
Friday= Open house
Saturday= Work

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

No comments:

Post a Comment