Thursday 17 March 2016

PIKU NIKU OUTING @ MARINA BARRAGE // ilights @ Marina area

God I'm so sleepy I'm just gonna upload pics for now and tell the story tmr /A\ (sounds familiar? My cat cafe post was the same XD oops)

We finally went on our long awaited piku niku outing today!!
Actually we planned to go very early in January this year already, but I suddenly fell sick on the day itself, so it was abruptly cancelled ;-; then I got busy with school, so we finally went after everything is over.
Originally planned to meet Shinobu at 4pm, but as we went through the list of stuff we have to bring that morning, we decided we're too bored from stoning so we decided to meet earlier at 3.30pm at BP XD

Long train journey down to downtown. Random welfie.

In the train, our train journey wasn't very smooth. Our train stopped at some point of time until the next train caught up behind us O.o

So we arrived at Downtown after close to an hour later?

This is Marina Bay Link Mall (MBLM), and not the financial centre itself XD

Realized we still have to walk quite a bit to reach the place to get our Mos Burger stuff x.x

It's such a beautiful place though. And look at the desserts for this one! Thought I saw a chocolate lava cake that Shinobu loves *.*

Spotted these pretty flower plant pots on our way. I have to take a picture XDD
(they're taller than me tsk =3=)

Finally reached the place after so much walking! Thankful Shinobu was there, because I got lost exiting the MBLM, but he tried to find the way there XD

Such a nice place to work here *.* even if you work at Mos Burger, you're quite free when it's non peak hour.

c: got out mos burger stuff. Took this outside the financial centre mirror pane walls XD

Waiting to cross.

*.* feels good to be in the city.

Waiting for bus. We just missed the bus and have to wait 17 minutes for the next one wth =A= reminds me of bus 979's intervals too

While waiting I decided to go to the back to see the river better and spotted these XD
It's so warm outsideeeeeeeeeee
 

Arrived at Marina Barrage! Is this also considered a sentimental basin to collect water, like what Ayano told me?
When I was there, I thought that Ayano will like this place as it's peaceful and calm, and has a nice scenery. Not much humans here too
I think Ayano already went here with her family before. I remember her telling me XD





PLEASE DON'T RAIN.



I'm pretty sure I came here with my school before though, when I was 15 years old at secondary three. Think they brought us for some combined humanities excursion trip? Shinobu doesn't remember, even though he's in history class just like me. I'm pretty pretty sure. I remember this view, and I remember Huda was there along with some other history classmates. We didn't go up to the rooftop though, but we went to the second level or something to explore some exhibition inside. So it's considered my first time up on the roof XD

Climbing up was already breathtaking. I really love how they designed the pathway up to the rooftop.

LOOK AT THE VIEW. AHHHHHHHHHHH



Hahaha just nice Shinobu captured the butterfly's wing kite behind my back XD
 

It's very windy, look at all the kites behind and my hair flying up XD

 


KITES. Shinobu kept telling me "We could be one of them. We could be running around, flying kites, but no, someone doesn't want to bring kites here"
Me: "Drink your tea/Eat your food Shinobu!"
Cuz neither of us don't have a kite and it's too troublesome to go buy one! ;-;


Shinobu said we could actually just sit on one of those stone benches and no need to set up the piku niku mat, but I was like "nooo then it wouldn't feel like a real picnic, plus we must make use of our $2 spent!" so out the mat goes on the grass c:
And yes, DAISO ftw c: A LOT of our stuff are from Daiso when we went to shop at BPP XDDD
 

Done! Ready to being our picnic officially at 5.30pm c:

The view of the sky is awesome from here *A*



Blank Shinobu

His hair flying up XD

Using sporks to stab our snacks XD yup we brought plates to eat c:

Ahahaha it's the first time I every did this kind of pictures XD holding the flyer up. Sasuga Shinobu

Cute pose c:

We picnic-ed until it got dark so we could see how the city looks like at night from here.
Look at the difference between a phone camera and a professional camera. Both are taken at the same timing XD Phone camera is on top, professional camera is below.
 

 

 

Behind-the-scenes

We finally packed up our things and left the place slightly after 8pm, to go see the ilights at Marina Bay.
Stumbled upon this market place, and apparently Shinobu has worked for them before.










So cool c:

MUST take photo of the financial district without fail, no matter how many times I came here XD



This is part of the ilights attraction. I first saw this when I passed by this on the Thursday night, after my work at the F1 pit building.


Walking the helix bridge down to Promenade.

The rocket.

Other ilights attraction

Cloud

??

??

The thing I really want to see however, is the angel wings. And I realized that the Angel wings is actually at Downtown area, not Marina or Promenade T_T
Since we already came all the way to Promenade, we decided to walk on pass the Uncle Ringo carnival to esplanade, then we have to walk a long way back to City Hall/Raffles Place MRT then take MRT back to Downtown area. Super mafan, and I was dying T_T bad choice. Should have just listened to Shinobu and walk back.
Lesson learnt: really research properly before going out.

Finally made it!



Managed to take only two before going off. There were too many people wanting to try and it's getting really late and I'm tired. Still have to go out tomorrow too x.x

All in all, I really enjoyed myself today :) Thank you Shinobu ^^ I had a great time with you today.

No comments:

Post a Comment