Wednesday 16 March 2016

Japan trip confirmed // Job searching still ongoing =A=

Sis came home today and announces her duty roster has finally came out.
We'll be flying to Japan from the night (11.25pm) of 27th of March to the night (9.55pm) of 2nd of April.


I basically just sat beside her while sis used my laptop and searched for all the air ticket prices and hotels etc.
Shinobu tried helping too ^^"
We found a cheaper one at $700++ at first at the website called skyscanner,with a stopover at China. But sis was all "OMG I have to stop there with all the China ppl surrounding us omggg" and making all sorts of dying noises while I only care about finding the cheapest price possible since we're booking so last minute.
I had to try convincing her that we're only gonna deal with them for 4 hours at the airport, and we save like $300++.
So we tried to book but apparently that website has some problem?
So we ended up going to another website called expedia where she found an $830++ one. Stopping over at Shanghai again, then to Japan, and then repeat one more time back to Singapore. Haiz
After that, she also booked a hotel for our lodging, and if I'm not wrong it is near the station with breakfast and everything.
She calculated our budget and everything and it looks like we still have about $1,000+ left to spend. Don't know if I'll be spending that much or lesser, or more.



Means I have about a week and a few days more to pack.
Sis will help exchange money for me, and I'll pay her back accordingly.
Now that I know when I am flying and know when I can commit, I texted my friends and Shu Ying suggested I try asking the agent again if the $9 admin job at NYP is still available. She even gave me the advert job pic and her contact again XD
I texted, but unfortunately the slots were really all taken up. They're only looking for people who can commit until Sep now, which I cannot because university would have already started ard late Jul-Aug period.
The agent intro-ed me other job positions though.



The first one seems good at first, but the commitment period... I cannot because I'm going Japan in between those.
The next two is for older people. And short term only, until 29 March. Not suitable.
The second last, commitment period start from 9 March ._.
Why this agent give me jobs that start like so long ago already =3= 

Okay the last one still seems doable. The commitment period, I figured I could negotiate with the agent a bit? I told her I can only start work from 4 April as I'll be back from overseas only on 2 April.
She read and she never replied =3=

Details about the job that I know for now is, it's $8/hr (haiz) and Mon-Fri. She never answered me about the working hours. Still waiting for reply.

That means I can only continue searching for more event jobs and admin jobs T_T Shu Ying told me I can also look for jobs when I come back from Japan. That's true but it also feels good to secure a job before you go so that after you come back you can already start work and don't have to worry about finding more jobs ;_;

=====================================================
So I found this job advertisement on FB while scrolling in bed:


The job starts from 4 April and ends at Mid July and is from Mon to Fri office hours (8am a little early though =A=), which really fits my schedule nicely. Since I'm coming back on the night of 2 April, I'd have a day to rest before starting work on Monday 4 April. Mid July should be around the 2nd week of July, and school will start for me at the end of July. Plus the job scope seems doable. Admin duties and data entry at Kent Ridge, which is west area.

So I got up from bed and proceeded to email my resume to his email and whatsapped him. After I showered, he called me and informed he has reviewed my resume, and briefed me that I need to have good communication skills too as I'd be required to do a schedule roster with other colleagues for...other colleagues? Basically I need to be a team player and not be too shy, and he said I should be fine. Then the rest of the job scope will apply like admin duties and data entry.
He asked me about the pay for my jobs in the work experience too, and why I left these jobs O.o like why does he need the info.
After giving him the okay sign, he said he'll send my resume to his client for them to review and if they shortlist me he'll contact me again.

I'm feeling all anxious now though. He said I need to work with others and do some schedule, which I haven't done before ;-; Why, I was just expecting admin duties and data entry.
Although I guess that it's normal to work with others in the office. 
Working hours is also a bit long. 10 hours, from 8am to 6pm with just a lunch hour break. At $8 at kent ridge. Means I have to transfer to circle line from Buona Vista, and it's always crowded there T_T
Ahh what is this. I cannot complain. Many others in the world are jobless. I should be glad that it's easy to find job in Singapore T_T
Damn it why is my anxiety always pulling me back.
================================================
Shinobu is getting moody over me again.
It really cannot be helped. This guy is helplessly in love with me, who still couldn't return the love to him. Nobody did anything wrong. Well, but sometimes I always feel like I did something wrong when he gets moody with me. Which really hurts me. But he's getting hurt himself.
Sometimes I wonder how fate will change if I never approached him and talked to him on his blog back to those days in Secondary 2... 

No comments:

Post a Comment