Saturday 26 March 2016

Packing packing // Labrador Park & Dinner with parents

Gah, never blogged for 3 days le. (23 to 25 March) I basically spent the last 3 days packing my luggage and preparing for my Japan trip. (Yup I know I took so long because I'm a newbie). My flight's already tomorrow night ahhh. Since this is officially my first time packing my luggage on my own for my own holiday trip, I was at a lost what to pack and also scared if I missed anything important. So I specially went to google this website which has the ultimate travelling packing check list X'D and it proved really handy. I felt that with this website, I will not have anything to fear of missing anything important out.

So anyway, the main thing is always the clothes:
 

 

 

 
The last two is debatable though. I still can't decide which to bring. Maybe I'll end up sacrificing the one on the right, but will still bring the thick sweater. It's all about saving space in my luggage so I have space for the stuff I'll be buying there.

As for outer coat, I've been deciding between black or white (these are my sister's old coats which she don't use any more).
 

I decided to go with the black one (simply because I felt it's warmer than the white one), and did a mock up of how I'd look overall over there, with hat and scarf and everything XD

All these while, I've been trying on these clothes with my aircon set at the lowest temperature it can go at 18 degrees, and I have not felt cold once in these clothes. Only when taking them off and changing back to my home clothes, I started to feel cold. So hopefully they'll work when I'm at Tokyo itself.

 Behind-the-scenes:



What happens when you try clothes: your room becomes a riot.
Meh, travelling overseas is fun and all but the downside: packing =3=

Oh yeah, see the luggage there? It's a new luggage. My dad just bought it specially for me on Tuesday or Wednesday. We used to have another smaller sized, green luggage, but it's old and its handle is spoilt (can't easily pull up and down), so I have a new luggage to bring to Japan! It costed around $80, cheaper than most of the luggage sold here, which is around $100++.


 And after much packing, changing clothes, looking at website, packing again, here is what it looks like now:

There's still almost more than half the space left. Reserved for souvenirs LOL
I hope there's enough space. If not there's still the pockets, and my carry-on backpack.
To be honest, I have no idea what I want to get there for myself. Every time my sister asked me what I want from Japan, I will have no clue. I used to ask her to get me those manga magazines, but I even got bored of those.
This time when I go to Japan, I'm mainly there to actually take in the sights myself. Experience the streets, food, air myself. I guess whatever I see there that interests me and is not too pricey, maybe I'll buy?
Heck, I don't even mind just buying their cup noodles back XD their cup ramen is heavenly.



Yesterday, I even specially went to the Cotton On outlet in Lot 1 to buy new shoes for my trip tomorrow. New luggage, new shoes, new scarf (Edwina recently gave to me and I haven't really used it yet), new phone case XDD okay la.
The black shoes on the right is to wear to Japan, the middle on is to replace one of my shoes (goodbye ;_;), and the left one because...offer 3 for $30. So get one more LOL
=======================================================
Anyway, will talk more about this tomorrow, the day of the flight itself as this post is actually about the main activity today.
Initially, my dad wanted to bring me and my mum to Labrador Park to walk for a very long time, and we have decided to walk yesterday evening, but then they wanted to go visit my sister's new BF in hospital (he met in a motorcycle accident and his foot was severely injured and needed surgery). They wanted to go yesterday as his parents are in Batam, and they don't want to see his parents.
So anyway, it was postponed to today.

So, off to Labrador park we go to walk in the warm weather!
Wore one of my new shoes today c:
 

Since it's new, I protected my heels with plaster to prevent blister! c:


Which didn't work because my plaster came off and my skin peeled off and I still got blister!! cccc:

Anyway we arrived.




The sight that greeted us: The good old sea, with all the boats and ships on it.


 


My dad said this was a real, leftover machine gun post that was used during the war against the Japanese in world war II. Soldiers will hide inside and shoot the machine guns through those tiny slits at the Japanese. However, this was defending our country at the south side, and most of the Japanese troops invaded our country with bicycles through the North instead. Since our defence was focused at the South, we were defeated.
This used to be my dad's play area with his friends during their childhood. They'd crawl inside the gun post (now the door to it is locked) and pretend to shoot and enemies. Now, it stands, abandoned and ancient, on a sand playground.

A meow sleeping.

Some more scenery:



We came to rest here. Looking at private boats and yachts belonging to filthy rich people.



The camera doesn't really show it but the water here has a healthy, beautiful blue colour. Shows the water here is properly maintained, as you can't find any random trash like plastic bags or plastic bottles floating around too.

According to my father, this kind of swamp is a rare sight to find in an urban place like Singapore.
During his childhood, he used to wade inside to catch fishes, and he'd fear getting bitten by wild crocodiles or being sucked by leeches ewww


More meows. It's the same meow, only switching position to sleep more comfortably.


Got some red bean ice cream with biscuit c: $1.20. From an ice cream van.

 After resting and eating ice cream, we decided to head for dinner at Bukit Timah Food Centre. Realized that the nearest MRT station is now called Beauty World.

Wanted to eat hokkien mee but the stall closed. Very deja vu feeling >.> When I went to Bangkit food centre, the hokkien mee stall also closed on me >.> not fated to eat.
All of us ordered char kuay teow in the end, but the standard tonight is so so only ._. in fact, all the food standard we ordered tonight is not as nice as we expected. Standard dropped plus the size is getting smaller...

The sky on the way home c:

Nevertheless, still enjoyed myself today. This will be the last night I'm spending here in Singapore. Tomorrow night, I'll be waiting with my sister at the airport for our flight. Have to reach there by 9.30pm latest.
I still feel pretty chill. I can't really believe that I'll be flying overseas tomorrow. I'm only hoping our entire trip will be smooth. And reach there safely...

No comments:

Post a Comment