Tuesday 1 March 2016

OMG IT'S OVER. POLY LIFE HAS ENDED // Rui tries applying for some jobs

YES IT'S OVER.
AND BY "IT"
I MEAN POLY.
I UNOFFICIALLY GRADUATED.
I ACTUALLY FINISHED IT.

HOW??? I HAVE NO IDEA.

TIME JUST PASSES.

LIKE MY MOM SAID, THE SUN CONTINUES TO RISE AND SETS EVERYDAY.

THE DAYS WILL FLY PASS.

AND I FIND MYSELF OUT OF POLY NOW.

OH. MY. GOD.

GOOD BYE.

GOOD BYE TO THE DAYS OF SORROW, STRESS, TEARS, DEPRESSION FROM POLY LIFE.

GOOD BYE TO THE DAYS OF LAUGHTER AND FUN OF POLY LIFE.

GOOD BYE.

THESE 3 YEARS OF POLY LIFE, HAS LOTS OF UPS AND DOWNS FOR ME.

Actually to be very frank. To be very honest. I'm not 100% I'm out of poly yet.
The date 22 March will determine if I managed to save my ass and officially get out of that place.

BUT STILL.

I'M FREE.

I'M FREE FROM POLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY *POPS CONFETTI*



My poly friends. The people whom journeyed this poly life with me and survived exams and shit together.
Sometimes we quarrel, not every time is fun and laughter for us.
But undeniably, they were also the ones who sometimes make my poly days only filled with laughter, and saved me from otherwise feeling stressed and depressed from poly studies.

And we helped each other pull through this together. Sending answers, telling each other how to solve questions etc.

Goodbye all of you. Thanks for all the times we have in poly :)

I say that as I'm meeting two of them tomorrow and Thursday to go repair phone and go cat cafe XDDD
.................................

Yup.
Now that it's all over, I'm kind of at a loss now HAHAHA.

I met Shinobu for impromptu lunch just now, right after the paper at Subway.
He was like "You have something to tell me?? Why call me out of the blue here" and I told him I really have no reason LOL, just ask him to join me for very late lunch =3= All because my paper end at 2.40pm.
But still very grateful for him to still come and see me regardless c:
He actually waited for like half an hour? Because I told him let's meet at 3.20pm, but after my paper I still went and collect my letter of recommendation hardcopy from the school general office first.



God it's so crumpled by the time I removed it from the envelope back home.
Yeah I went all the way to the new business school building with Shu Ying accompanying me (she's meeting her clique for Karaoke after school), and we went up to the top floor to collect my letter.
At first the person couldn't find my envelope and told me to call my teacher, which I got worried because Ms Lai did tell me she left it in the office, but just as I was searching her email, she found the envelope! c:
While we're there, Shu Ying told me actually just having one letter is enough (she actually went and asked two teachers to help her write while I only asked one XDD), because if you go for school interviews they'll just flip through your portfolio, never really read. She also told me I should ask our current PTN for school testimonial, and told me that they are two different things. She knows that when her current PTN told her she will not write a letter of recommendation for her as she'll be writing testimonial for her already.

After collecting, we parted ways at the MRT station where I joined two of my other friends who's coincidentally waiting for the train back to Jurong, and then when I arrived at Yew Tee, I hurriedly made my way to Subway to meet MR. SHINOBU.



There, my lunch and his...random impromptu afternoon snack?

I HAVE NO IDEA WHY MY BREAD IS SO SPICY.
I mean at the start it was okay, but I found my mouth burning and I was dying towards the end of the sandwich?!
Wth? I don't understand. I asked for BBQ and honey mustard sauce. Why was my sandwich spicy?!
Idk but nevertheless I'm full, so all's well in the end.

Showed my letter to Shinobu too, and we chatted for a bit. I was telling him how I felt now that I'm done with poly, and that everything is over, but he shook his head saying that it's not over yet. I was like "what?" and he pointed to my letter. Telling me that no, it's not over. I still have to focus on uni now. Which I wholeheartedly agree.

Also he noticed that I haven't changed out of my shirt since last night. Which means I just changed my shorts and headed to school for my last paper XDDD omg I got a shock by his sharp observation and memory.
Got embarrassed and tried denying him by telling him it's a different shirt because the flower is, different =3=
My god Shinobu is truly sneaky. Or I'm just too lazy to change into a different shirt XD

Accompanied him to bus stop after that really impromptu lunch, but we checked that his bus isn't arriving until after 8 minutes and he decided to walk me back home first.
Once I'm inside the gate, I started to feel drops of rain. Oops XD Told shinobu to walk faster to the bus.

Back home, I immediately wrote a reply to Ms Lai to inform her I've collected the letter, and also thank her for her assistance in signing the nomination form.
Sometime ago last year, the school emailed us to nominate our peers for outstanding class leader award, and Shu Ying was our class leader for the second year. She was joking to me about writing it for her, but I thought about it and decided that she did deserve the award. And the truth is, she did help me in various stuff throughout my whole poly life. So I decided to be a good friend and do her a favour, and do the nomination form for her.

 
As you can see at the bottom of the page, I need to get the signature of one staff. So I thought of the most suitable teacher to do the job, which is our 2nd year form teacher, which is also Ms Lai. So once I got all the signatures of my friends, I scanned and emailed the form to her, who will print out the form, sign it and submit it to the office on my behalf.

This is what I wrote by the way (100% genuine). I'm kind of proud that my writing could actually convince the committee into awarding my friend XDD Bwaha
By the way, all the stuff I wrote is all true. I never lied. Shu Ying really did do all these. Which is why I really think she deserves the award.

You know that 11 minutes later, Ms Lai replied my email asking me to send her congratulations to Shu Ying? >:OO
What about that email with the super long, emotional story explaining why I never replied her for the letter of recommendation I sent a few days ago? >:O she completely ignored it omg XDD

To be honest I'm also quite surprised that she got the award. I sent it last year and we never heard from the committee for so long, I thought they forgotten all about it LOL.

After that, Shinobu and I was researching many different cafes because he wants to treat me as a reward for all my effort trying to save myself from retaining XD
I suggested something like ice cream or yogurt or desserts, so he was coming up with different suggestions.
It was here where we realized the tai parfaits outlets all closed. Without him even trying it yet ;-;
The best suggestion he came up with so far (I personally think) is the Karafuru "Colourful" japanese eclair cafe, and the treats look really good. The only problem is the convenience of going there LOL.
Shinobu suggested to cab but no, I don't want him spending money unnecessarily any more than this. He's also not working now so I don't want him to spend too much. Besides, we can walk there from Bugis station.

But then he told me that they seem to be bringing their stuff to Takashimaya from 7 to 20 March, which I so happen not to see because it's right in their latest post ccccc: omg I'm blind.
So I guess we're now waiting for any updates from them? Meanwhile can continue searching for more cafes.
It's okay, there's still time. We'll most probably go out one of the days next week I guess.

After that, I thought of the testimonial thing, and told Shinobu about it. I went to search online for testimonial templates, with no luck. But then that guy actually managed to find some really useful links and I'm like how did you find those?!?!?! *laughing* XDD

Here's the links he sent me:

http://www.4hope-sample-sgc.blogspot.sg/

http://www.publishyourarticles.net/knowledge-hub/letter/3-sample-testimonials-from-principal/3254/

http://blog.prepscholar.com/4-amazing-recommendation-letter-samples

I find the top one the most useful XD because that blog practically wrote everything, I just need to follow it and rephrase here and there to avoid copyrighting.
Really how the hell did he---

Okay after that I emailed my PTN after checking with Shinobu:



Hopefully he replies. With the answer "Oh sure no problem I'll write one for you :))))))" instead of "Okay, you write and I'll see =3=" *of course no emoticons hahaha*
Meh, being the slack teacher he is (in our tutorials, he always makes us present and he'll be the one sitting at the back >:C), he'll most probably make me write for myself. Shu Ying said this too =3=
Haiz, life is tough.

Okay that's all. I shall rest tonight. Going out tomorrow to accompany friends for lunch and they want to send their phones for repair. I saw that Plaza Sing have a Samsung service centre so maybe I should bring my S6 there for them to have a look too...

=======================================================
Update at night: Yup, found my warranty card.
Shall attempt tomorrow I guess.
Shinobu also told me to help him take pictures of the SAO swords if I happen to go to the top floor of plaza sing tomorrow. Shall try to remember.

Also tried browsing through FB job page for event jobs while Shinobu was busy showing me photos and videos he took and telling me his adventures in Malaysia for that one week XD
Omg I think he's really lucky. He went to visit a beautiful and peaceful garden, explored a cave, tried different food, and even climbed up a hill for that beautiful scenery *.* Even without the internet, you can still do many things in Malaysia :)
But nevertheless we still miss talking to each other XD it seems that technology has really become a part of our lives.

These are the two jobs I tried applying *like, messaged the ppl and sent my resume*

 

The choco person actually replied me this morning and I saw it when I was in the toilet, but due to my hesistation, nervousness caused by my social anxiety, I only replied her tonight...while 30 other ppl have been liking and messaging her for the job. I guess it's gone by now.
Feel stupid. Feel pathetic. Gonna cry because my social anxiety is really holding me back in life.

Second job, although I know this job requires me to be friendly and interact with kids, I decided I cannot be picky, if not I really won't get any jobs this month. I have to step out of my comfort zone and try new things while I still have the time and youth to. Thus I emailed that person my resume and asked for more details. Not sure if he'll reply me though. But at least I tried. And I'm already proud of myself for overcoming my fear and messaging these two strangers.

I'm already getting a headache from all that's happening today...the stress....

God I'm 20 already (almost). Why am I still like this T_T why...

Shinobu has been helping me the whole time. I'm so thankful for this guy. All his support has helped me go on in life.

Ayano has also been messaging me often and supporting me. I miss her. Should meet up with her soon ;_;

=========================================================
Read Shinobu's post on his newest blog (here)
Read everything.
I'm glad to read his heart felt *whatever you call it* emotions in his post.

An interesting thing to note is I saw why he fell for me already.
I had asked him before (way back when we're still in secondary school), but he said there's no reason.
Turns out that his brain actually links me to Kanade from Angel Beats, and I was amused by that fact XDD
Well I'm honoured that I remind him of such a gentle and lovely character, whom I myself love a lot too ^^

Hahahaha I was thinking that if there is no reason, he just likes me for who I am. BWAHAHA

Shinobu keeps thinking that his feelings never reached me.
But it did.
How could it not reach me, through all the things he did for me?
And sometimes I think I'm just dense? Like I don't understand what I'm feeling sometimes.

He feels that we're distancing apart but somehow I feel that we're closer than the times we're in secondary school? XDD

I don't know but,

(unofficial)
In secondary school, we met.
After secondary school, a short while later we broke apart. (cuz I was being stupid)
After a couple of years gap, we made up. After so long.
Recently, I made him unhappy (yup it's me again) and we didn't talk to each other for awhile. (not as long as the 2 year gap of course hahahaha)
But we apologized to each other, and came back again.

I guess the relationship we have between each other now (whatever relationship this is XD) is like that.

Not smooth (like very stable). Not too rocky either.

But I also noticed that he says that he doesn't want to read my blog anymore because he wants me to tell him personally what's going on with my life, not just relying on him to read my blog to see updates on my life. Which I agree on.
Thus I'll make more effort to tell him what's going on in my life.

God I'm tired.
I should sleep.
Meeting my friend at JE MRT station tomorrow at 11am.

No comments:

Post a Comment