Wednesday 2 March 2016

Repair phone day // Rui secures 2 jobs

There's a LOT of things to write.
Okay so early this morning when I woke up, I saw Yi Ning messaged our group chat (at like 1am+ when I'm already asleep =3=), asking us whether we want to apply for this event job this weekend, which is to guide people to the shuttle bus service to SUTD open house. Each day 9am-6pm, pay will be confirmed only when we are able to commit to it. So we won't know the pay until we agree.
Since the person hasn't replied me for the teacher job, I compared the job with the SUTD open house job. Let's say the pay is $8/hr. Even so, I would have earned much more from the SUTD open house job (which requires us to work 8 hrs), compared to the teacher job which only require like 3 hours initially?

After much hesitating, waiting for the person to get back to me, I decided to email the person first telling her that I'm unable to work this weekend, as I aimed for Yi Ning's job.

Got ready and left the house to meet Shu Ying at 11am at JE station.

In the train, was telling her how Ho Boon Yeow (my form teacher/PTN) replied me and told me I really have to write my own testimonial, but he provided me a draft template which I can at least refer and send it to him. She then proceeded to email her own PTN to ask for testimonial too. While mine took a day to reply, she got a reply from her PTN within like some minutes later. So fast =3=
And plus her PTN will write the testimonial for her. While I have to write my own =3=



Meh never mind, just something to do in the holidays I guess.



The draft was in PDF, and I was spending some time in the morning trying to manually remove all the spaces in the word DOC after copying and pasting XDD After I finished, Shinobu discovered that I'm able to simply convert PDF to DOC just by opening it in the DOC. As usual Shinobu is pro. So I just deleted the one I've been working on and used the newly converted one XDD

Will update here when I've completed my version.

Anyway we moved on to jobs, where I showed her the two jobs I found, and we talked more before we reached Dhoby Ghaut.
Explored a bit and went to Innisfree for Shu Ying to find her brow pencil while waiting for Yi Ning to arrive.



Look all the cute seals! *.* Omg. Found at paperstone (stationery gift shop) while exploring. But so expensive. And I can't buy anymore or my mom will kill me XD

Had lunch at pizzahut c:

Mozzarella cheese sticks. The ones at Swensen looks more appealing and taste better though...

Lol I forgot we had complimentary ice lemon water and I went and order iced lemon tea and waste $4.20 =3=

First time trying prawn aglio olio at pizzahut c:
It's really spicy but I survived through it. With help from the iced liquids of course

My friend's pan pizza.

Her chicken drumsticks.

Honestly there's more she ordered like mushroom soup, chamomile tea and she couldn't finish everything in the end. She spent the most amongst the three of us XD

After lunch, we parted ways where I went to settle my phone at Samsung while the two of them went to the apple service centre together for their appointments.

Here's the new S7 model phone! Looks sleek, looks like the S6 edge :/, feels lighter.

As it was my first time doing this all by myself too, I had trouble speaking to the service counter already XD How do I even explain my phone problem to her? Normally you can say like battery problem, touch problem etc, but mine is like, "screen switching randomly between apps" >.>
Anyway luckily she seems to get what I'm saying and passed me a counter number XD

As I waited for about half an hour (yup that long, and I was shivering and need to pee), I noticed there was a very angry customer scolding the service person about keeping him waiting for so long?
It also seems like they've made some promises with him but it didn't fulfill in the end and he got mad?
He was pointing at her, and at one point in time even slammed the table. From what I observed, the service person was actually calm at first. She was trying her best to stay cool, and try to calmly talk matters with the man, who from my point of view, just don't want to accept any more that she's trying to negotiate with. Like he's done waiting. He wants that matter to be settled now. He doesn't want to wait anymore. And he got angrier by the minute. I think that he has gotten so mad to the point that he refuses to listen to reason anymore, and just wants it done his way.
And slowly but naturally, the woman got infuriated with him too, but still keeping her cool. She told the man not to point his finger at her, even less slamming the table and causing disruptance to the rest of their customers. To me, she was getting defensive by instinct. Which is a natural reaction when you feel like you're threatened. That guy looked like he could hit her any minute...
Soon after another manager of the same or higher rank was called down to confront this mad man, who was boiling. The manager spoke to him calmly and softly, apologizing to him, but the man was like "I don't want you to apologise, I want HER to apologize for giving me such shitty attitude" and that was where I don't understand. I'm pretty sure by shit attitude he meant her getting defensive, not being friendly with him anymore and telling him not to point finger etc.
I mean in the first place HE was the one showing her this shitty, rude behaviour and causing un-necessary drama there. He's disrupting their business. And he wants her to apologize. And was saying "SAMSUNG ley, what kind of service is this?!"

I totally disagree with this man. When my turn came, the service person was very friendly and helpful to me. She apologized for that man who was causing disruptance to all their customers, already impressing me with her consideration for the customers. She was also all smiles, putting me, who has social anxiety, at ease, and I was able to tell her the problem of my phone very easily. She did a thorough check on my phone *checking for water damage, scratches, dents etc* too, filled in some forms, got me to sign here and there, informed me of the collection period which is supposedly a couple of days, and then done. That's it.

After that, I proceeded to the top floor to find the SAO swords Shinobu was interested in, but unfortunately the shop didn't have them anymore. The trend died a long time ago. I was like calling him trying to find where the shop is since he wasn't replying in LINE XD

Then I went to meet my friends back at Daiso. They were done too. One of them had to pay $270 to repair her phone...omg OAO she had water damage, touch problem, screen froze, screen crack...her warranty doesn't cover and she has to pay all those. Wah /A \ *shudder*
She cursed three times. Was really pissed off XDD
I...didn't need to pay anything. Mine is fully covered under warranty.
And I realized they never asked for the warranty card. Then I also realized that now is March. S6 model came out only last April. Which means it hasn't been a year. Which means those who bought S6, definitely bought since April, and so all their warranty hasn't expired yet. Which is why they don't bother asking for warranty card XD

Okay the reason why they never detected any water damage in my phone even though the problem was clearly caused by the rain, was because I waited more than a week, and so I believe the water has already dried up in the phone, thus the signal inside my phone was white. Or at least it wasn't coloured red/pink, which signals water damage.
The phone also wasn't too damaged inside as I kept wiping the water off with tissue when I was in the chingay parade, and hiding it under my poncho coat when not taking pictures.
So this is all part luck, and part intellect XD
While the person was examining my phone, she noted there's a few scratches, but I guess it was so slight and minor (thanks to my screen protector protecting my screen), I guess she just decided all should be covered under warranty.

Went inside Daiso for Shu Ying to buy something, then we walk around and around. Then stopped and rest while thinking about our phones...which is when my phone buzzed. An sms appeared telling me my phone is ready for collection O_O what.
I didn't expect I could collect it on the same day? I thought the person told me it's a couple of days, not a couple hours later??? Omg Samsung service is super efficient. *.*
Thank God we didn't decide to go home early and stayed in the mall XD

So we went back down to the basement and waited another 20-25 min before I was able to collect my phone ;w;
I didn't know they had technicians at their outlet XD I thought have to send the phone back to some headquarters or something to get it checked, not having technicians at their place already XD
The person told me the technicians said it was the LCD screen fault, where it's too touch sensitive hence it keep switching screens.

So...they replaced a completely new LCD screen for me. For free ;w;
They even provided me a small zip lock bag and an SD card to keep. Whaaaaaat
And I really didn't need to pay. Omg.
My first phone repair experience is so good XD
I totally disagree with that mad man. Wth. Samsung service is super efficient omg.

After that, we went to eat ice cream! ;w;

The caramel macchiato flavour.
 

We bought another Oreo one since it's 1 for 1. I don't have the picture, my friend has it. Will update when she sends me.

This is the shop:


The ice cream was okay only. Think mcdonald's ice cream is better XD
It was one for one so we shared it for $2 per person.

Went toilet after that, then made one last stop at Lovisa to see some stuff.

Then left for home at 4pm~
Still went to buy screen protector at a phone shop in Yew Tee first XD Went back to the same shop as I like their service.
======================================================
I secured the two jobs I was showing yesterday.
I secured the teacher job first, when I emailed her my number and she proceeded to start whatsapping me the details etc.

 

Anddd after much discussion (little actually), this is the schedule she came up with:


Turns out I didn't need to work on Sunday at all, only Saturday. And my hours has been extended.
I think she sees that I'm able to work on all timeslots on all the weekends, so she rearranged my timeslots and make me work longer on Saturday, in exchange that I don't need to work on Sunday.
I'll be paid $52 each Saturday.
Which I thought was pretty low at first, until I calculated the hours...
10am-11.15am  = 1.25h 
12pm-1pm         = 1h 
1.45pm-2.45pm = 1h 
3.30pm-4.30pm = 1h
Total                  = 4.25h
(Assuming they don't pay me during my breaks.)
Paid                   = $52
 
Rate                   = $12.235 / hr O.o

The highest paid (event) job I ever got in my life.

Kind of glad Yi Ning's job got filled already XD
Hahaha I felt so bad for bothering this person alot. I was emailing her I'm available for everything, then emailing her I'm not available this weekend as I'm aiming Yi Ning's job, then emailing saying it's okay I can work this weekend, then sending her resume with incomplete phone number, then emailing her I lost her contact cuz I sent my phone for repair, then emailing her again saying never mind I backed up and got her contact back.
Feel like the most troublesome employee ever *laughs guiltily*
But meh she still gave me the job, I guess it's first come first serve basis and I requested early.

Okay the second job was when the choco person called my phone to discuss about next Thursday's event. She had a foreign accent and I couldn't really understand her sometimes ;_; omg.
I even asked if she was Mikki first, but she corrected me and said she's Nina (OMG)
Gah
I was nervous and anxious at first talking on the phone, but soon relaxed as she seems quite friendly and joked and laughed with me. She told me my job is just to go around the room and serve the customers chocolate, and if they like it, direct them to their booth. No sales involved.
She also told me as long as my shirt is white and black skirt not too short, should be fine, as this is a VIP event at the Boutique fair at F1 pit building, so important to dress appropriately.

Ehhh she said I could contact her through fb messaging or whatsapp. But she doesn't seem very active on whatsapp...she hasn't read my message till now. I still don't know exactly where to go in the F1 pit building and want to ask her for details but ehh she doesn't seem active. How.

Never mind, shall ask her in the weekends.

So the first job ($52 x 3) and second job ($45) together is about $200.

Too little.

As I'm being forced to work event jobs for the month of March as I don't know when I'm going to Japan in April, I can only earn like this.

Not enough.

I've been aiming a third job which is basically a flyer job. Need to stand for 2 hours in the weekday and distribute flyers at Bishan area.



For how long I don't know.
Each day earn $20.
Which is still low, but I don't know, I don't mind if I can't find anything else tonight or tomorrow at the cat cafe.
Planning to bring my laptop to the cat cafe as we're staying there a whole day. Plan to write testimonial, search for jobs. Or also research for university.

Shinobu was also suggesting me online freelance jobs like writing blog posts and earning $9 per blog post. Which is to be honest very good pay but I suck at writing XD and I don't really trust people paying me online, Where you know, I work for them but they don't pay me :/

Shall see how tomorrow. Am tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment