Saturday 5 April 2014

What happened yesterday,

My friend came over yesterday to my place at 9.30am to play :D
It was a really, really warm day, even in the morning at only 9.30am.
So when we entered my room, we shut the door, closed all the windows and switched on the aircon.
I first showed her the Shounen Jump magazine my sister bought for me from Japan. (I even showed her the wrapper as well hahaha)
After flipping through the pages and reading it for about a few minutes or so(because it's all in Japanese and our mother tongue is not Japanese haha), we sat down on the floor to talk.
In the peace and quiet of my cooled room, I told her I have a confession to make. (Gonna write down the real confession, not the first joke confession. The joke confession was that I like her in a more-than-friends way hahahahaha.)
I told her that even when she told me her real GPA score and I was happy for her and congratulated her(and I AM truly glad for her), a part of me still refuses to believe that that was her true score. (Refer here) After saying that, I felt really bitter and disappointed at myself. How could I not learn to accept that she has done exceedingly well? And after she hid it in order to prevent exactly THIS, which in the end, still happens because of my feelings!
She nodded. "I know. After we have been apart for only a year, and I am already doing so well and am far away from you."
Amazing. After being apart for a year, you still know exactly what I'm thinking and feeling inside.
I replied "I just wanted to let you know how I felt. I just wanted to let it out. I'm-" (I'm sorry)
Those two words never came out. And all that time I could never maintain eye contact with her for more than a second.
There was a pause.
"Ushiro." She smiled.(Means back in Japanese)
"Huh? "I asked, seeing her finger spinning around in a circle.
"What do you want to do with my back-"
Then she started to massage my back.
"Otsukaresamadeshita!"(Means good work in Japanese) She said in a cheerful tone.
(Ah...)  I stared silently at the wall, my shoulders slowly relaxing as she massaged.
So that's how it is.

After that, I brought another chair into my room, and we shared our books that we borrowed from the library.
I showed her Quiet, a book about introverts, and she showed me a book that talks about how the students in a school have to kill all their classmates except themselves in order to survive, which reminded me of the anime Dangan Ronpa, which I'm pretty sure made a lot of references to this book. (I forgot the title X.X)
Then we did many other things. We chatted, sang together, played the piano together, ate lunch together (I ate a waffle and she ate an apple pie, then we ate ice cream), tested our strength against each other (XD), fought each other(rough play).
It was the simple stuff that I missed doing with her.
When it was time for her to go at 3.30pm, (as much as she can come early, she usually needs to leave earlier too) I left with her to walk her up to the station.
She looked at me in the eyes and asked quietly, "About your mother's checkup..." (I told her about my mother going for her checkup before she came here.)
"I know" I replied. "I'm going to ask her when I get back home. I don't how how to ask her though."
"Just ask 'So, how did the checkup go?' Or something like that" She replied.
"Mm" I nodded.
~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~
By the afternoon, it was so warm that by the time I reached back home, my face was red and I was sweating.
I decided to leave the asking till later, and escaped back into my air-conditioned room first.
When I cooled down an hour later, I approached my mother, who was playing candy crush in my father's phone.
After some small chat and joking around with her, I casually, with a nervous heart, asked her "So, how did the checkup go?"
She told me that the doctors found something growing inside her cervix, and told me that they had did a scan at that area, and says the results will be out soon. Then she assured me again that there is nothing to worry about.
"...okay". She's not specific enough!
Later at night, I decided to have a second try. I pulled my father into my room, away from my mother and asked him how the checkup was.
"Why don't you ask your mother?" He asked, and called my mother in.
Oh damn. I facepalmed.
NO PA YOU GAVE IT AWAY THIS WAS EXACTLY THE REASON WHY I PULLED YOU INTO MY ROOM BECAUSE I ONLY WANTED TO ASK YOU NOT HER.
So anyway, he drew the womb and ovaries on my whiteboard, and tried to explain it to me.
"Ah..." I said. "Something small? Should be nothing to worry about."
Wrong. ANYTHING foreign growing inside our bodies which requires a checkup all the way to the hospital and needing medical scans and follow-ups etc. is something worth worrying about. I only said that to assure my parents that I'm not being overly worried or what, which I AM not overly worried, but still worried.
I decided to ask the last person who was there with them, the medical nurse, my sister, who has randomly barged into my room as she always does even though I keep telling her NOT to every single time because it gives me a mini heart attack every time but apparently my words always falls on deaf ears, and plopped herself on my bed and turned on the fan towards her at maximum speed.
And she keep sneezing because the fan is at her at max speed JUST AFTER SHE SHOWERED.
Not commenting on that.
"And your point is?" She asked, not looking up as she continued her work.
"My point is" I paused momentarily, looking straight at her. "I want to know what the checkup is for and what is it about."
"What do you know about the checkup?"
"I do know that there is something growing in mama's womb area. That's all. They weren't being specific enough to me."
Apparently even my sister does not have the specifics or details about the "checkup" too. (she says it's not a checkup) Whatever she could tell me, I already knew, except for the new information that my mother will be going back on the 22nd of April to receive her results etc.
Then she told me about how papa joked to her that mama is pregnant again, since they're at the womb and ovaries section, and I laughed, saying even though I wanted a younger sibling, I didn't want a sibling that is 18 years younger than me.
It's impossible anyway. Mama has already hit menopause, and papa is too old to do it anymore. *shrugs*

So yeah, Ayano.
It's totally not a "normal, general" checkup at all.

Other than that, I'm almost done watching the first season of the Game of Thrones!! Yeah!! Should hurry up and finish all three season of the game of Thrones before the fourth season comes. (Or has already came, idk, but I should hurry up before all the spoilers flood in.)
And I'm only in the first season, but when Prince Joffrey becomes king, and orders the head of Sansa's father, hand of the king Ned Stark, even after her pleas for his mercy with that smug smile on his handsome face, I don't know if I'm able to stand watching the rest of the seasons with that bastard Joffrey as king of the seven kingdoms.

No wonder people hate King Joffrey so, so much.
And I am going to be one of them too.

No comments:

Post a Comment