Friday 18 April 2014

Good Friday

Before I start to write this post...

I just read finished up to the latest chapters of the korean webtoon Crepuscule, a story about how a young pureblood vampire named Setz brings his friend who is a year younger than him, a human boy named Lark, into the vampire world after Lark is about to be sent to the orphanage. A very interesting story with the plot deepening as the chapters goes by, filled with action, supernatural and fighting.

WHY DON'T THIS COMIC HAVE A DAMN ANIME?!?!

Every time the plot thickens(and it deepens a lot of times, trust me), I'll be like: "Ohhh ohhhhh, THE PLOT INTENSIFIES."(says it in a dramatic way) HAHAHAHA

I wish that Setz will act a bit more vampire-like, thirsts for Lark's human blood, push him against the wall or even a bed and bites into his neck and slowly drinks his blood..AHH *bangs head*

WHAT AM I THINKING.

OF COURSE IT'S NOT HAPPENING.

Nooooooooo

Okay moving on.

I haven't been able to record any piano covers today. Not having much time to do so is one thing. (I usually strictly record only when the house is empty to reduce the noises in the background. I even shut all the windows in the room now to minimize background noise).
The fact that I wanted to maintain the standards of my covers, made me redo my recordings a lot of times, gaah. My perfectionist complex is kicking in.
Today I originally intended to cover Bokurano(our) let it be, ayano's happiness theory and world is born. But I was unsuccessful.
These things will happen often, I guess. Making piano covers isn't easy at all.
Plus, school is starting next week. I think at most I'll only be able to upload a piano cover once a week if I'm not so busy.
Anyway, it's not like my channel is big or popular or has thousands of subscribers, let alone I don't know, it doesn't even have 5 subscribers yet, only 3 at the moment. XD
Plus the songs that I cover aren't very well known. I think people find my covers through the tags I added to my videos.
With all those facts in consideration, when somebody sent me a personal email on my youtube telling me how she "rated my cover 5/5", how excellent my cover is(just exaggeration ^^") and telling me I can get more comments, likes and subscribers by joining some website, I was tempted to, but I realized that I can't keep this up with school starting next week.
This year is going to be a tough one, they say.
*Sigh* So my channel is not going to be very active. It'll probably remain with only 3 subscribers for a very long time.

But hey, I'm doing something. I'm putting my ability to use and sharing it with others. I'm doing something. Instead of always playing the songs to myself.
My ability, which is common and yet not so common, is to be able to hear and recognise sounds by ear, and tell exactly what pitch it is, no matter what made it. It can be a piano, a violin, drum, whatever instrument, and even a doorbell or a car horn, or the calling of the birds in the morning. This ability is commonly known as the perfect pitch, or absolute pitch in the music world.
So I use my ability when I hear songs, and my brain instantly matches the sounds with the pitches I recognise automatically, and I am able to play the songs on the piano. I've been doing this ever since a young age,(I have straight As for all of my music hearing tests) but I only started covering songs at the age of 12.

I finally felt like I've done something productive in the last week of my holidays. And I'm doing something that I love.
Making piano covers isn't easy, and I'm doing one extra step, which is hardsubbing the english translation into my covers. But that is because I want those who watch my covers to understand what the music is about, so they can really feel the music.
And I love what I do. I don't mind the extra work at all.
I realized, from this, that this is what it really means to do what you love to do. Even if there were hardly any people viewing my covers, I still feel dedicated to making as much piano covers as I can. But unfortunately I started too late. :(

But it is okay. As long as my love for the piano and music never dies, and I never lose my hearing ability(I hope I never will!), I will keep on making piano covers.~
~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~
Tomorrow my father's bringing the family to river safari! I hope the animals there are cute. And it's not too smelly. >< Haha!
Unfortunately my sister is not going. She's been working night shifts at the wards these few days, and she's dead tired. This morning after showering, she went straight to her bedroom, turned on the aircon, shut herself and locked the door and slept all the way until the late afternoon. Nursing is really tiring work.
And tonight she went out again to do another night shift.
And to think yesterday she still asks me if I want to watch Kuroshitsuji live action movie this coming weekend.
Don't push yourself if you're so tired, sister! :/

Okay that's all.~ Shall look foward to Mekakucity Actors episode 2 tomorrow. *w*

No comments:

Post a Comment